At MLC Of Greater Atlanta, the Initial Consultation Process is the MOST IMPORTANT Component of the Healing Process.
- At most medical, health, and therapy practices, they ask you a few simple questions that help identify your present symptoms.
- However, they often fail to identify the underlying root causes of those symptoms. And, that’s where they fail.
- If you only uncover symptoms, then the therapies recommended and provided by them will only help address your Current Symptoms; leading to a process whereby the client will be in therapy forever.
Why do some providers allow their clients’ symptoms to persist?
- This is because if you only address current symptoms, even if those symptoms are reduced, then they will reappear & resurface in another way because the underlying root causes of those symptoms have never been fully addressed.
- You cannot truly solve problems, challenges, dilemmas & symptoms, and resolve them fully unless you uncover & address the underlying root causes of them.
Does that Make SENSE to you?
MLC Of Greater Atlanta
An Alternative, Holistic Mental Health Practice
Atlanta Coaching & Hypnotherapy Associates
(A Self-Improvement & Self-Empowerment Practice
Atlanta Small Business Incubator
A Small Business Activator, Incubator & Development Practice
Atlanta Health & Wellness Coaching
A Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss, Health &
Wellness Coaching Practice
Atlanta Academic Achievement
A Learning Skills, Tutoring, Test Taking
Strategies & Academic Improvement Practice
The INITIAL CONSULTATION Process is divided into 4 distinct steps:
1)The 1st step is History Gathering.
- This step involves gathering highly detailed information from you about your general health history, holistic mental health history, historical development, current medications, & comprehensive diagnoses.
- A vast number of clients don’t receive the proper holistic mental health care because enough history information has not been gathered by professionals.
- Indeed, the History Taking and Assessment are the backbones of health, medicine, Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis, Hhypnotherapy, and NLP [Neuro Linguistic Programming] —a fact often skipped, forgotten, &/or neglected in our fast-paced, quick fix, pill-based society.
- Although my practice is one built upon the FOUNDATIONS, it may be the case that you need to be on one or more medications to reach an optimum level of mental functioning.
- If this 1st step is not properly completed, then you could spend years or even decades in therapy (and, often times, on increasingly stronger medications, and their corresponding side effects) treating The WRONG condition.
- You have no idea how often this occurs (especially with middle-aged adults) because professionals fail to collect enough &/or appropriate information about a client.
The INITIAL CONSULTATION Process is divided into 4 distinct steps: (Continued)
2) The 2nd step is Analysis, Assessment, & Evaluation.
- This step involves going through this information and asking you detailed questions to clarify the variables that are having the greatest impact on your functioning.
- This process usually takes about a couple of hours.
- While it is preferred that this step take place during a single appointment (1-2 sessions at once), it can be broken up into 2 appointments if needed…
(3) The 3rd step is Tailored, Individualized Therapy.
- It involves providing you with the necessary tools (through Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy, NLP [Neuro Linguistic Programming], Time Line Therapy, Behavioral & Cognitive Approaches, recommendations for home and work environmental adaptations, augmentative psychological resources, and possible referral[s]).
- This 3rd step usually requires anywhere between 2 to 8 sessions of one hour each, depending on the patient, diagnoses, level of functioning, and degrees of resistance &/or compliance to Hypnotherapy, Hypnosis, NLP [Neuro Linguistic Programming], and suggestion.
- Once we complete the 2nd step, then I can provide you with a fairly accurate approximation of how many sessions this 3rd step will most likely require.
(4) The 4th Step is Maintenance.
- This is the step that requires ongoing work on the part of the client, the acquisition of additional resources, possible referral(s), and possible future sessions on a less frequent basis (once every few months, etc.).
- This step is also CRUCIAL because it helps to seal the FOUNDATION for a new level of functioning.
- Many clients FAIL therapy because their is a lack of compliance with the maintenance step.
This may seem like a tedious process, in some respects.
That’s because it is!
- However, these steps are essential to ensuring you receive the greatest quantity and quality of essential care in the present and future.
- So, the present time is crucial for your mental, emotional, psychological, social, and intellectual development.
- Believe me, It’s better to invest your time and resources wisely & diligently early on (when the nervous system and mind are still highly malleable, adaptable, and non-resistant) than to fail to act or to attempt to take shortcuts—which can lead to permanent, longstanding mental, psychological, psychiatric, emotional, social and intellectual challenges…
I applaud your courage in taking this 1st step towards your holistic mental health and overall psychological & emotional well being!
You will thank yourself time and time again for doing so.
- Foundational Investments are invaluable to mental, psychological and emotional health and development…
- While the Initial Phone Consultation is free, the Initial Consultation is not free of charge.
- When you call, we’ll go over the price of the Initial Consultation Process.